As I believe in transparency in Politics, I have decided to publish details of all allowance and expense claims on this website. I believe that all public servants including Local Councillors should be fully accountable for the money they claim or spend on behalf of taxpayers.

Basic Allowance

As a Councillor I receive £6,516 per annum as an allowance to carry out my duties. This includes an amount for IT and Communications.

Special Responsibility Allowance

As the Council's Cabinet member for the Corporate Portfolio – I recieve an additional £7,872 a year as a special responsibility allowance for the extra work and duties involved in being a Cabinet member.

Both the Basic Allowance and the Special Responsibility Allowance are taxable.


Although I could claim for petrol expenses for going to and from meetings whilst I fulfill my duties as a local politician – I don't. I haven't claimed a penny in petrol expenses since I was elected to Test Valley Borough Council in 2007. 









Click Here to Contact Phil


If you have any ideas, issues or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Address: Cllr Phil North, C/O TVBC, Beech Hurst, Weyhill Road, Andover, Hampshire, SP10 3AJ.

Call: 077324 23023


Follow Phil


Sign up for e-mail updates